This event has passed.
Eat Local Milwaukee is a collaboration of the Urban Ecology Center and Outpost Natural Foods Co-op with the support of Slow Food WISE and the MKE Foodies.
- Buy food directly from local vendors – baked goods, meats, dairy, beverages and more.
- List of all the producers,vendors, restaurants who will be at the Fair this year.
- Stay for lunch (available for purchase)Information, tips, ideas and tools to continue enjoying local foods all year long
Attend a Workshop or Cooking Demo:
- Tips on Buying Meat Directly from Farmers
11:30 am – 12:00pm
Learn from Suzanne Zipperer how you can order meat (beef, chicken, pork) and how she has organized a buying club to share it with others.
- Talking local foods with Peter Sandroni
chef & owner of La Merenda Restaurant
12:15 – 12:45pm
- The Flavor of Wisconsin for Kids
1:00 – 1:30 pm
Author talk and book signing (with Boswells). Terese Allen will talk about her new book: “A Feast of History, with Stories and Recipes Celebrating the Land and People of Our State” More info about book
- Time-saving Tricks for Soups & More
1:45 – 2:15pm
Cooking demo with Kathy Papineau of MKE Localicious. Learn to make efficient use of your time and locally sourced ingredients to make soup and other entrees.
Other Eat Local Challenge Events:
- Eat Local Challenge Kick-off with Slow Food WISE – Thursday August 23rd, 5-7 pm at Braise, one of the newest locally sourced restaurants in town. Share a seasonal 3-course meal and conversation with Dave Swanson, the Chef-Owner -details & registration
- End of Summer Harvest Festival at Pinehold Gardens- Sun. August 26th from 11 am to 4 pm. - Potluck lunch, farm tour, and more at this Oak Creek farm.Contact farm for more info.
- Fondy Farm Feast – Sunday August 26th, 4pm to twilight - Enjoy a delicious, multi-course meal prepared by some of Milwaukee’s finest farm-to-table chefs. Benefits Fondy Farmers Market and Farm.tickets and details
- Haymarket Days and Eat Local Celebration at Fondy Farmers Market – Saturday, September 8, 2012 – 9:00am – 1pm. info about market